Your Southwest Florida Transportation Provider
Our business is a locally owned family business. Apple Transportation, under the ownership of John Poelker has been providing airport transportation in this area for 30 years. Apple Transportation was one of the first local car services with uniform vehicles and a branded logo.
Our drivers exceed the industry standards. All drivers are drug tested and background checked by the FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement). Many drivers have been driving for Apple many years.
John Poelker is well known to Southwest Floridians. He co-founded the Harry Chapin Food Bank in 1989, and served as its Chairman of the Board until 1995. The food bank has grown immensely over the following years and serves 3 local counties today.
Apple Transportation is a member of the following organizations:
- TLPA (Taxi Limo & Paratransit Association) since 1987
- AGTA (American Ground Transportation Association) since 2000
- Fort Myer Beach Chamber of Commerce since 1987
- Sanibel/Captiva Chamber of Commerce since 1995
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce since 1998